We’ll Help You Clear That Clogged Drain
Fact of life: Drains get clogged. It’s the most common and usually easiest to solve plumbing problem with sinks, bathtubs, dishwashers or clothes washers. And when we say Rub-A-Dub Plumbing is ready to help you with any and all of your plumbing issues, we mean it! Whether we get paid or not.
That’s why we offer some guidance here for clearing drains instead of immediately saying, hey, call us to fix it. If the problem persists, we’ll be there right away in our Truck with a Bright Blue Duck. But first, let’s look at the issue and determine if you need us right now or not.
Need Clogged Drain Service?
Call Rub-A-Dub. (903) 615-3038
What you’ll get when you hire Rub-A-Dub’s Squeaky Clean Plumbers:
- Rapid diagnosis of the problem and smart options to solve it.
- The best and most cost-efficient suggestions for fixing all issues.
- Immediate help as well as honest advice on future service.
- A truck that’s a Warehouse On Wheels.
- Upfront Pricing that leaves no surprises on your bill.
- Drains that flow smoothly and a little blue duck to remember us by.
Wherever you live in East Texas from Corsicana and on out to Tyler, Lindale & Mineola, Rub-A-Dub Plumbing is here for you! We deliver relief from even the most basic plumbing problems like a clogged drain. Our customers can have total faith in our capabilities as we are fully licensed, insured, and trained. We’ll also be sure to explain our services to you in terms you can understand.
Fix It Yourself Clogged Sink & Tub Drain Tips
Hair, pieces of soap and other matter can build up in bathroom sink and tub drains; bits of food and more can do the same in kitchen sinks. Here’s ways to first try to open up a slow or plugged-up drain and not have to call us right away to clear out clogs.
- Do not use commercial chemical drain cleaning products. They can damage some older pipes and the toxic ingredients pollute the environment.
- Fully drain sinks or tub if possible before treatment.
- Sometimes simply six cups of boiling water down the drain can do the trick.
- Common household products like such liquids as white/apple cider vinegar and lemon juice plus powders such as baking soda and borax as well as salt can be combined to to create a reaction in the drain that breaks up blockages. And they’re less caustic to pipes and non-toxic. There are also eco-friendly enzyme drain cleaning solutions that can be found at some stores and online.
- Use a half cup each of cider or lemon juice and baking soda; one cup each of lemon juice and baking soda; quarter cup each of salt and borax with a half half cup of vinegar.
- First pour solids down drain, then the liquids. Close up with a stopper or stuff a wet cloth or rag into the top of the drain and let it sit closed up for at least 30 minutes while the mixture foams and does its job. Remove stopper and flush with hot water. Repeat if needed.
- Consider using a small plunger to help break up the drain stoppage, especially with stubborn clogs.
- Some guides suggest using an undone wire hanger with its hook on the end to help pull out and break up hair and other detritus in the drain. However, they can damage, crack and puncture pipes. Most hardware stores sell flexible plastic drain cleaning tools that won’t endanger pipes.
- Clogs most often gather at the bottom of the J- and U-shaped trap pipes underneath sinks. Some of them have a cleanout valve at the lowest spot that can be unscrewed for removing blockages. Make sure to have a pail underneath when you do open it to catch water.
If you’re handy, you can often rent and always buy snakes and cable augers, both cranked and motor driven (some by a hand drill), to clear out tough clogs. Use carefully to avoid damage.
Have A Clogged Drain?
Call Rub-A-Dub. (903) 615-3038
Let Us Clear Your Clogged Drains & Free You From Worry
We can address the simpler sink and tub clogs discussed above as well as stoppages in those drains further down the line. Sometimes what appears to be a clogged drain is another problem we can also fix. Other drains that may get clogged and need our professional service include:
- Garbage disposals sometimes don’t fully grind foodstuffs and clog up, especially older ones.
- Dishwasher drain clogs need a professional and can be a sign of other issues. Same goes for laundry washer drains.
- Drains in the floors of basements, garages, mud and utility rooms, plus barns and stables.
We’ll get them all flowing and help ensure they stay clear. And can offer service suggestions to avoid future problems.
Common Sense Preventives Can Save You Time, Trouble & Dollars Later
- Try to avoid any solids, no matter how small, as well as hairs going down all drains.
- Use easily cleanable and clearable strainers on every drain you can.
- At the first sign of slow drainage in a sink or tub, do the suggested clog treatment above.
- Never pour grease down a kitchen drain, and avoid any oils that might congregate. Pieces of meat can gather into a clog as can starches like pasta and potatoes. Anything not liquid down a drain can build into a blockage.
And remember: We’re here to help. We welcome calls with questions and quick consults. And if your home needs us there, a Rub-A-Dub truck with an expert behind the wheel is on the way to help.