Some 65 million American homes have appliances safely powered by natural gas. However, it’s an energy source that has its dangers. If a gas line, appliance or connection springs a leak or malfunctions, the poisonous gas can escape into your home. If it doesn’t burn fully and correctly, toxic carbon dioxide can result. Breathing both can have an ill effect on your wellbeing and possibly be fatal. Be aware of the symptoms and what to do if you get poisoned.
Wherever you live in East Texas from Corsicana and on out to Tyler, Lindale & Mineola, Rub-A-Dub Plumbing is here for you! We deliver protection from the dangers of a gas leak as well as services and guidance on how to avoid them and what to do if you breathe in dangerous gasses. Our customers can have total faith in our capabilities as we are fully licensed, insured, and trained. We’ll also be sure to explain our services to you in terms you can understand.
Natural gas leaks can be indicated by the distinctive rotten eggs odor (see our web page on that here [link]) or detected through other signs (see our web page on that here [link]). But even with caution taken, sometimes you might still breathe in natural gas or carbon dioxide (created when natural gas is burned). Both can be poisonous and even fatal, though if you act quickly the symptoms and effects are usually only temporary.
Keep yourself and your family safe with a natural gas/carbon monoxide detector.
Like some folks remember where they were when they saw the moon landing or heard about Elvis, plumbers have their own, er, “watershed” moments. Like the first time this writer ...